DCSMAT recognizes the need to educate its teachers and students on intellectual property by its. We realize that we need to encourage the creativity and innovation within our College and amongst our alumni , and in the process there are likely to be generation of intellectual property (IP). This objective of this cell is to provide support and guidance to our students, alumni and staff in protecting their inventions and creations. The cell will also extend its support to the common people of our society.
The cell, will extend its support and guide them to obtain IP right. The activities of this IPR Cell in DCSSMAT will be in alignment with the objectives of the Patent Information Centre, Kerala (PIC – Kerala) of Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE).
The major objectives of the Cell will include:
- To work as a bridge between PIC – Kerala, KSIDC ( Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation) and the DCSMAT
- To promote awareness about IPs
- To conduct IP clinics, workshops and seminars
- To advice and guide students, alumni and faculty on the importance of IPR with the help of PIC – Kerala and KSIDC
- To facilitate periodic meetings between faculty with PIC / KSIDC
- To facilitate obtainment of patent rights
- To support alumni and common people too, to obtain protection for their inventions / innovative ideas
- To forward eligible cases of IP protection
Dr. Kuppachi Sreenivas, Professor, Finance, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Elizabeth Devasia, Professor and Faculty Coordinator DC Kizhakemuri Centre for Incubation and Innovation, E-mail: email@example.com